Friday, April 19, 2013

Rocker Bench

From time to time, things...perfectly good things....are thrown away. It's my gain. My parents found this rocker bench in the trash one day near my grandma's house. That was two moves and almost 3 years ago, so it was time for a makeover.

Sad, huh? This was a super low budget project. I used paint from a previous project, so I got to add a few things and turn this into a front porch project.
In a neighborhood full of brown and tan...this will be a nice pop of color :)

After a heavy sanding, wiping, and LOTS of painting (Geez, so many places to get paint into!!) my bench looked like this:
It got a heavy clear coat since it will have to weather the elements, and then a few accessories. I'm so excited about my porch. I might actually sit on it now.

I used some previously purchased red paint to brighten up some ugly pots, bought a few succulents, and my pride and joy...the peacock. I seriously looked at that thing at Target six times before actually putting him in the cart and taking him home. I also found some funky outdoor pillows at Ross...gosh I love that place!

I love the end result, and I spent about $70 on the whole porch ($40 of that being the darn bird, lol).



My little piece of desert just got a lot more interesting to look at :)


1 comment: